Volunteers are incredibly important members of our team – none of our projects would run without the talent & effort of our voluntary musicians, tutors, mentors, coordinators, support workers, photographers/filmmakers, artists, and more.
If you are interested in joining Tinderbox as a volunteer, please email email@example.com to register your interest and find out more on how to get involved and what projects might suit your experience or needs.
Please see below for an overview of how we look to support you and what we expect from our volunteers involved in our work.
- We hope that you will gain valuable and rewarding experiences from working with the Tinderbox Project in your role. We will endeavour to support you in this role as much as we can based on your requirements.
- We will provide a full induction appropriate to your role and any training required.
- We will provide appropriate support and flexibility including training as required.
- We will support you to achieve the standards required, including providing a named contact (supervisor for Regular Volunteers / team member or core management member for Casual Volunteers).
- We will treat you as a member of the Tinderbox Project in line with our equality and diversity policy.
- We will reimburse any agreed out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel expenses) incurred during volunteering.
- You will be protected under our Public Liability Insurance when engaging in any location-based work for us.
- We will do our best to help you meet any individual objectives you have identified, where relevant and possible for us to do so.
- We endeavour to uphold good health and safety practice and provide safe working environments.
- We will address any problems that may arise during the course of the volunteering.
- You will perform your role to the best of your ability.
- You will perform the work as agreed in your volunteer role description.
- You will familiarise yourself with Tinderbox’s volunteer policies and procedures, including health and safety, equality and diversity, and child protection policy / code of conduct in relation to our staff, volunteers and anybody with whom you may work.
- You will maintain the confidentiality of Tinderbox and of its clients, customers or service users according to our guidelines
- You will honour your commitment as agreed, except in exceptional circumstances when, where possible, reasonable notice is expected.
- You will identify and address if there is any specific training or personal development goals you are interested in or feel is necessary (so that we can do our best to help you with these goals).
- You will provide references when these are asked for.
- Where necessary, you will agree to appropriate checks under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme in Scotland.
Administrator: Anna Fraser