We have compiled some links below about:
- Government support for freelancers and people on low income / out of work.
- Music, Arts, Creative Sector grants, funds and support for freelancers and musicians/artists.
Government payments to people on low income or out of work.
- Government info: Universal Credit main page
- Government info: Universal Credit for the Self-Employed
- Government info: Step-by-Step Guide to applying
- Government info: Housing costs and universal credit
- Useful guide from moneyadviceservice
- Universal Credit Calculator: Entitledto.co.uk & other recommended calculators here
- Universal Credit Helpline/Tel: 0800 328 5644
Coronavirus Self-employment Income Support Scheme:
- 80% of earnings up to £2500/month
- Government will contact you about this, and are suggesting that you won’t get the money until June (but it should be back-dated until March).
Coronavirus Job-Retention Scheme for employees:
- Employers can apply to cover 80% of staff salaries up to £2500/month
- Note: You cannot apply by yourself – you need to speak to your employer.
Creative Scotland Bridging Bursary :
- Non-competitive bursary for freelance artists and creative practitioners working in the not-for-profit sector£500 – £2500
Help-musicians Coronavirus Financial Hardship Fund:
- “Eligible musicians are able to apply for a one-off payment of £500 through an online form”
Creative Scotland Open Fund – Sustaining Creative Development:
- Support for individuals and organisations to help sustain themselves during the Coronavirus epidemic. £1k – £50k.
PRS Emergency Relief Fund:
- Open to PRS members globally who are suffering genuine hardship due to loss of work, and meet eligibility criteria. Up to £1000 to affected songwriters and composers.
Musicians Union (MU) Coronavirus Hardship Fund:
- Open to members of the MU with genuine and pressing hardship
- Musicians can apply for grants of £200.
Musicians Union (MU) Coronavirus advice page
- General advice and links for musicians and music industry from the MU
Tax Break for Healthcare Workers