Eco Echoes: Tinderbox Game & Music Jam
A one day online creative jam making music & games inspired by environmental awareness and action, presented as part of The Dear Green Bothy
We wrote a blog about the event here:
Join us for Eco Echoes, a one day creative jam where we invite people to write songs and make games around an environmental theme.
We will start the day with a welcome and some live music, then a short talk from artist & game designer Yann Seznec!
The Music and Game Jam will then begin, where people can write and record songs and make games in their own time.
The theme is environmental awareness and action – jammers can make any kind of game and/or music that explores this theme, in any format. This could be anything from a fully fledged digital or online game; to a physical, board or card game made with recycled objects found around the house; to a song or piece of music! Whatever takes your fancy!
Throughout the day there will also be an optional songwriting workshop, and we will have a couple of meetups on Zoom and/or Discord scheduled throughout the day to share works in progress.
And… We will end the event with a live play-through and open mic to share the games and songs!
Watch the Welcome & Games Talk with Yann Seznec here:
Sat 6th November
- 9am: Welcome & Talk from Yann Seznec
- 9:30-10:30am: Morning Music and Songwriting Workshop with Jed Milroy
- 12-12:30pm: Lunchtime Checkin/Hangout
- 3:30- 4pm: Afternoon Checkin/Hangout
- 6pm: Game Submission
- 7-8pm: Live Sharing & Open Mic
- You can join the jam as an individual or as a team!
- You can submit a game or music in any format, as long as it connects to the theme of the environment and sustainability in some way, and is an original creation made by you.
- Non-digital games may be submitted as a text document description, or in the form of media such as photos or videos. Music may be submitted in recorded audio or video formats, and/or score/notated/visual formats.
- All submissions must be respectful, conscious of others, and family friendly. Inappropriate submissions will be removed.
If you would like to submit your work to be included in the live sharing, you can submit games and music by signing up to our Jam page on Itch.io:
For ages 16+
For more information visit:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Presented as part of The Dear Green Bothy, a collaborative cultural programme from the University of Glasgow’s College of Arts showcasing creative and critical responses to climate emergency.