Grade 5 + (as a guideline)
All instruments welcome
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to book an audition today!
Course dates: 13th Oct – 7th Dec
Detailed course info: click here
Culminating with an exciting concert at the Queens Hall, this course will bring together orchestras, bands, singers, arts and collaborations from Scotland, England, China, Chile and the Balkans. We will be creating, rehearsing and performing new compositions and collaborations inspired by the music and stories of the different projects and countries. These projects include:
• Ensamble Transatlantico de Folk de Chile
• Denys Baptiste’s “Now’s the Time … Let Freedom Ring!”
• Edinburgh Youth Gaitherin’s “Archives Project”
• Hua Dan & Friends “Dumpling Dreams Theatre and Migration Project”
• Prof. Nigel Osborne’s “Balkans Music Camps”
• Artist Kate MacKay’s “Journey of a Thousand Wings”
The course will also include a series of workshops looking at music from the different countries and we will be writing a new composition together as a group throughout the course.