#Yourchestra – Meet Orla McCorry (Oboe)
Meet different members of the orchestra weekly! Our orchestra is your orchestra.
1. What instrument do you play and how long have you been playing with Tinderbox?
I play the oboe and i have been playing with tinderbox since Summer 2014 I think.
2. What is your first musical memory?
Theres always been music playing in my house, but I remember my sister teaching me how to play ‘Wild Mountainside’ on piano before i knew what the note names were.
3. Which record / band rocks your world at the moment?
Big fan of Laura Marling, listening to ‘Soothing’ from her new album.
4. What’s your favourite Tinderbox memory or gig?
The first gig I played with tinderbox – Journey of a thousand wings 2014. I gained so much musical confidence, met a group of brilliant and passionate people, improvised for the first time, and just had such a great time.
5. What’s your fave track on the album?
I think it has to be ‘Live Free or Die’. It’s just so happy and motivating. Like “yeah! Go live your life and win everything!”
Thanks Orla! Check back here for a chance to get to know some of the other faces behind Tinderbox, before we release our debut album (4th June 2017).