We have been working hard to keep in touch with everyone and to keep our amazing community of young people & musicians together at this challenging time.
We are continuing to run a number of youth clubs, orchestra rehearsals and other creative workshops online. See our Tinderbox Online programme below – if you would like to get involved, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have also put together a couple of guides & resources for others working in this area in case they might be useful, including some online music & youth work activities we have found effective, and some financial resources for freelancers, musicians/artists and people on low income or out of work.
Tinderbox Tuesday Hub Online: Our weekly music youth club, usually held at North Edinburgh Arts. We have been getting together every week to share solo performances, DJ, sing, dance and generally keep in touch and have some fun.
Tinderbox Orchestra Online Experiments: The Orchestra have been continuing to gather every Sunday afternoon and experiment with how to play / make music in big groups online – we hope to have something to show you soon!
Tinderbox Lab – Virtual Studio Wednesdays: A group of artists involved in the Tinderbox Lab have been gathering for skills-sharing sessions and to keep each other motivated and making new work.
Tinderbox Saturday Music School: A brand new project! – we are running online music lessons in small groups for a range of instruments, singing and song-writing.
Sights & Sounds of Isolation: A callout for creative responses to the current situation – poems, music, artwork, songs and other ideas. We are gathering these from people as individual expressions, and hope to make some collaborative artworks out of them. Click here to learn more and to get involved.
Tinderbox ‘Hangouts’ & Skills-sharing sessions – Online sessions led by and organised for young people in Tinderbox. They have involved open-mics, musical editing and arrangement sessions, drawing sessions and Quiznights!
Rock Trust Workshops – We are continuing online workshops with our long term partners the Rock Trust, who support young people at risk of homelessness.
Online Gigs: We are looking to put a gig on soon with some of our collaborators and young musicians – stay tuned!
If you are interested in getting involved in any of the above please email email@example.com.
Guides & Resources
- Online Music & Youth Work using Zoom – activities & settings §that we have found effective for our work so far.
- Links to Financial Resources for Freelancers, artists/musicians and people on low income or out of work.
Postponed and Cancelled Projects
The following projects have been postponed until further notice or cancelled:
- Tinderbox Music Hub – Tuesdays at North Edinburgh Arts
- Tinderbox Orchestra Open Rehearsals – Sunday afternoons at Jazz Bar
- Tinderbox Lab – Open Lab Sessions, Wednesdays at Custom House
- Tinderbox Lab – Guest Artist Workshops, all workshops until July.
- Tinderbox Lab – all school & community workshops until July.
- Rock Trust Music Hub – Monday afternoons at the Rock Trust.
- Royal Hospital for Sick Children – weekly music on the wards.
- Tinderbox Orchestra Showcase at Jazz Bar – Sun 27th March
- Tinderbox Orchestra & Soundbase – Easter Course in Dundee
- Tinderbox Orchestra & SoundCycle – Summer Course in the Borders
- Broughton School Heritage Project
- Our Summer gigs at Solas Festival & Knockengorroch Festival