Tinderbox Lab (Digital Arts)
Tinderbox Lab is a shared-studio space and digital arts programme bringing together artists across disciplines with an interest in digital media and interactive technologies.
It is a new programme that started development in 2019, with the following projects, events and opportunities. For more information about any of these, please contact Lab@tinderboxcollective.org or join our mailing list here
Tinderbox are developing a new digital programme in 2020, with the following opportunities, projects and events:
- Tinderbox Open Lab – Weekly Drop in Sessions starting Wed 15th Jan 6-9pm at Custom House, Leith.
- Tinderbox Open Lab night (first of 2020), Wed 15th Jan (6-9pm)
- Tinderbox Lab Autumn Workshop Series, Oct – Dec 2019
- Tinderbox Open Lab night, Wed 4th Dec (7-9pm)
- Tinderbox Open Lab night (last of 2019), Wed 11th Dec (6-9pm)
- Mechanical Techno with Graham Dunning, 13th December
- Introduction to TouchDesigner with Ray Interactive, 16th November
- Making Things Move with Jen Sykes, 9th November
- Tinderbox Lab Halloween Open Night, 30th Oct (6-9pm)
- Alternative Controllers and Pure Data with Ryan Scott, 19th October
- Scotland Audio Group #7 x Tinderbox, 6th October (Tinderbox Lab)
- Tinderbox at Custom House Open Day, 28th September, Edinburgh
- True North: Electronic and Interactive Sound Workshop, 21st September
- Introduction to SuperCollider with Tom Mudd, 22nd September (Tinderbox Lab)
- Electronic Visualisation & Arts (EVA) Conference, 10th July, London
- Intro to Pure Data with Yann Seznec, 4th July, Edinburgh (Tinderbox Lab)
- Room to Play at Press Play, 18th May, V&A Dundee
- Room to Play Exhibition, 27th April, Edinburgh
Room to Play
10 week course for emerging musicians, game-developers, visual and other artists. Led by artist Yann Seznec.
Click here for more info
Wednesday evenings, 6-9pm, £5 suggested donation. Custom House, Leith.
A shared-studio space focusing on digital and electronic media, instrument making, interactive sculptures, game-design and other ideas.
Bring your own project or join in with an introductory workshop exploring topics such as basic electronics & circuits and building simple synthesisers and sound devices.
We can accommodate about 10 people in the lab, so please let us know ahead of time if you would like to come.
If you would like to get involved email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for more info
Children & Young People
We are developing creative workshops for schools & youth groups, using electronics and digital technology with music and the arts.
The work from the Lab will also cross-over with Tinderbox’s other programmes, such as its youth orchestras, music hubs, and workshops in schools, hospitals and community settings.
Commissions, Projects & Partnerships
We are keen to work with people and organisations to build and develop exciting new ideas and projects. If you are interested in working with us, please contact Luci@tinderboxcollective.org
Some projects currently in development include:
– Bespoke digital instruments & hardware for the Tinderbox Orchestra.
– VST / plugin of unusual orchestral sounds and effects for composers & producers.
– “Gloam in 5 Parts” – an interactive orchestral recording and original composition, in collaboration with Biome Collective.
We are keen to develop a residency programme at the Tinderbox lab in the future. If you are interested in working with us on this, please contact email@example.com.